Thursday, April 12, 2012

Keeping the Momentum

We’re up to Day 11 in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge, and I’m feeling, well, a little challenged!   It seems as though it was easy to identify topics for the early letters and harder for the letters we are currently working our way through. I think this is a temporary state of mind for me as I do fully intend to post every day and complete this Challenge.  Just yesterday the “J” blog on http://spontaneoussputterings.blogspot.com) spoke of losing writing momentum with a changing schedule and getting her writing (and spiritual) batteries recharged…a very timely post for me to read!

Momentum increases when either mass or velocity increases.  Think that’s true for writing, too?  Once I’ve blogged my way through 20 letters of the alphabet, will the last 6 come that much more easily? 

It’ll be an interesting week ahead.  I’ll be traveling on business which means even less time available to write, yet being in different surroundings might well provide a rich source of inspiration for topics relevant to the letters N, O, P, Q. 

Momentum is the transition of that initial burst of energy and enthusiasm to the point where your goal has been reached.  It’s making it from A to Z.  Always keep moving.  Some days that’ll be easier than others, but every step forward is taking you closer to your goal.

2 comments:

  1. We have momentum going into the last 6, but some of those are imposible to come up with words for, like X, how many X words are there? I hope you have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very motivational post! And thanks for the mention! Traffic to that one has been, well, sputtering!!! And the picture was perfect. I think you are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete